Originally published at Cooking Light
Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi
All the deliciousness of traditional shrimp scampi with spaghetti squash as a healthy stand-in for pasta.
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Calories 349; Fat 21g; Sat fat 7g; Unsat Fat 12g; Protein 20g; Carbohydrates 24g; Fiber 6g; Sugars 8g; Sodium 638mg; Calcium 20% DV; Potassium 25% DV
- 1 (2.5-lb.) spaghetti squash
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Trim off squash ends
- Cut remaining squash into 1 1/2-inch rings; scoop out and discard seeds and membranes
- Arrange rings on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Coat rings with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until just tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Cut through each ring and open slightly to reach strands; carefully scrape out spaghetti-like squash strands.
- Heat butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium-high.
- Add pepper and garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp; sauté 2 minutes or until almost done.
- Add spinach, tossing until spinach wilts.
- Add squash strands; sprinkle with salt.
- Toss gently to combine.