Originally published at Taste Better From Scratch
Skinny banana bread muffins
Yield: 12 Muffins
- 4 bananas, about 1 1/3 cups, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (white or whole wheat)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Grease a standard muffin pan (or line with paper muffin liners).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon and stir well to combine.
- In a separate small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to banana mixture and stir, just to combine.
- Gently stir in melted butter. Don’t over-mix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pan and bake for 18-25 minutes.
Allow muffins to cool completely. Store them in a freezer-safe bag or air-tight storage container.