Originally published at Good Housekeeping
Slow Cooker Sesame Garlic Chicken
Toss boneless chicken breasts together with a few key ingredients for this healthier, no-stress take on a Chinese favorite.
Yield: 6 Servings
510 calories, 41g protein, 51g carbohydrates, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 3g fiber, 720mg sodium
- 1/3 cup rice wine (or mirin)
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced into thin coins
- 4 cup frozen cooked white rice
- Steamed broccoli, sliced scallion and sliced red chile, for serving
- In small bowl, whisk together rice wine, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, and brown sugar.
- In 6-quart slow cooker bowl, layer chicken, soy mixture, garlic, and ginger. Cover bowl with lid and cook until chicken is tender, 5 to 6 hours on Low.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; shred and return to slow cooker bowl. Toss to coat in sauce. Serve chicken over rice with broccoli. Serve topped with scallions and chile.