Originally published at Elizabeth Rider
Obsessive Cobb Salad
Replace processed meat and cheese with arugula, quinoa, and hummus in this healthy take on a Cobb salad worthy of obsession.
Yield: 1 Serving
- Small handful of greens – use your favorite!
- 2 tablespoons (small palm full) of micro greens
- Tip: Can’t find micro greens? Substitute baby greens instead!
- 1 handful spring lettuce mix, chopped
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa,
- 5 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 pitted, chopped dates
- 6 cucumber slices – thin
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cut in half and sprinkled with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of hummus (homemade or store bought!)
- ¼ cup spiralized, julienned or shredded carrots
- ½ of a small avocado – no pit
- 1 teaspoon raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon raw sunflower seeds
- Arrange ingredients in a wide shallow bowl as listed above with the greens as the base
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of your favorite healthy salad dressing