Originally published at Eating Well
Nutty Chocolate Crunch
Yield: 5 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
193 calories; protein 5.2g 10% DV; carbohydrates 29.6g 10% DV; dietary fiber 4.8g 19% DV; sugars 9.1g; fat 9g 14% DV; saturated fat 2.8g 14% DV; cholesterolmg; vitamin a iu 429.6IU 9% DV; vitamin c 5.2mg 9% DV; folate 429.8mcg 107% DV; calcium 97.8mg 10% DV; iron 6.8mg 38% DV; magnesium 69.1mg 25% DV; potassium 188.9mg 5% DV; sodium 151.5mg 6% DV.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free or reduced-calorie chocolate-flavor syrup
- 2 ½ cups bite-size rice square cereal
- 1 cup whole bran cereal (shreds)
- ⅓ cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Lay a large sheet of foil on a flat work surface; lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate pieces and chocolate syrup.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate pieces are melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cereals and peanuts to melted chocolate; toss gently to coat.
- Spread onto the prepared foil to cool completely.