Originally published at Better Homes and Gardens
One-Pan Lemony Roasted Chicken
Thyme, garlic, and lemon are simmered with juicy chicken and fingerling potatoes for a delicious meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Yield: 4 Servings
255 calories; 6 g total fat; 1 g saturated fat; 2 g polyunsaturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat; 66 mg cholesterol; 307 mg sodium. 721 mg potassium; 21 g carbohydrates; 3 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 29 g protein;25 mg vitamin c; 11 mg niacin equivalents; 1 mg vitamin b6; 20 mcg folate; 30 mg calcium; 2 mg iron
- 4 teaspoons canola oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon regular salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise, or tiny new red or white potatoes, halved
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 pounds total)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Snipped fresh thyme (optional)
- In a very large skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat.
- Stir 1/2 teaspoon of the dried thyme, the salt, and pepper into oil.
- Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover and cook for 12 minutes, stirring twice.
- Stir potatoes; push to one side of skillet.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the other side of skillet.
- Arrange chicken in skillet alongside the potatoes.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken. Sprinkle garlic and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme over chicken.
- Arrange lemon slices on top of chicken.
- Cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170°F) and potatoes are tender.
- If desired, sprinkle with snipped fresh thyme.