Originally published at I Heart Eating
Festive Black Bean & Corn Salad
Crunchy bell pepper, red onion, and cilantro ribbons add to the rainbow in this nutritious bowl of Mexican flavors.
Yield: 6 Servings
CALORIES: 160kcal; CARBOHYDRATES: 15g; PROTEIN: 5g; FAT: 9g SATURATED FAT: 1g; SODIUM: 376mg; POTASSIUM: 317mg; FIBER: 6g; SUGAR: 2g; VITAMIN A: 255IU; VITAMIN C: 24.3mg; CALCIUM:31mg; IRON: 1.7mg
- 1 ear fresh corn
Tip: Fresh corn not available? Use canned corn instead (drained)!
- 1 15-ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 red or green bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- Remove kernels from ear of corn (or drain and rinse a can of corn).
- Add corn, black beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro to large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over salad – stir to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or chill until ready to serve.
- If chilling, remove from fridge about 30 minutes before serving