Originally published at Delish
Ingredients For Tilapia
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 (6-oz.) tilapia filets
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Ingredients For Avocado Salsa
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and spices.
- Rub spice mix all over tilapia.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add tilapia and cook until crust is deeply golden and fish flakes easily with a fork, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl, toss avocado, tomato, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Add oil and lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve tilapia topped with avocado salsa.