Originally published at Delish
Balsamic Chicken with Asparagus
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lb. chicken breast tenders
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Make vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic, 2 tablespoons oil, honey, mustard, garlic, and red pepper flakes until combined. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sear until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- To pan, add asparagus and tomatoes, season with more salt and pepper, and cook until asparagus is bright green and tomatoes are slightly wilted, 5 minutes or so.
- Move veggies to one side, add chicken back in and pour in vinaigrette.
- Toss veggies and chicken slightly until chicken is cooked through and vinaigrette is thickened, 5 minutes more.