Originally published at Better Home & Gardens
Avocado Egg Sandwich
Step aside avocado toast! Try this delicious boiled-egg sandwich for breakfast (or lunch) instead. (Asparagus and Dijon mmm-mmm optional!)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- Dijon-style mustard (optional)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and mashed
- 8 – 12 asparagus spears, steamed
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- Cracked black pepper and coarse sea salt
- Olive oil
- Spread two bread slices with mustard, if using.
- Spread remaining two bread slices with mashed avocado.
- Top with asparagus spears and egg slices.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and salt and drizzle with olive oil. Top with mustard-coated bread.
To Make Ahead:
To get a jump start on this sandwich, hard-cook the eggs and steam the asparagus ahead of time. Cover and refrigerate asparagus up to 5 days and eggs up to 7 days.